The name’s Y.L. Mariano (pen name: ylois), but y’all can call me Lois 🙂
A couple of things you might like to know about me:
- I’m a university (uni) student, which means my posts are going to appear very sporadically and my replies even more so. (Apologies in advance.) I will try to post at least once every month. (Please note the key word here: try)
- Also, a lot of my posts are going to be about university (unsurprisingly)
- My pronouns are she/her
- I’m from Australia, so mind the slang/spelling (I’ll try to explain the meanings/keep the Aussie slang to a minimum where possible)
- I am a Filipino (FilAus, if you will, and damn proud to be)
- Scripturient: possessing the violent urge to write (I get struck by a case of this at the most illogical and impractical times)
- I love words and writing, so I’ll probably be posting some of my writing projects here (they will be accordingly tagged as ‘Y.L.M writes’). Please acknowledge that my words are my own, unless stated otherwise; I am terribly paranoid about plagiarism (as all uni students are).
- The Trepverter Effect: a personally cobbled together phrase; my intended meaning was ‘the condition in which you find yourself coming up with really witty comebacks after a conversation occurs’. (I suffer this frequently and is part of the reason why I love to write; I can get my revenge on my slow wit)
- Daedalianism: well, the word ‘daedalian’ means ‘ingenious, intricate, and confusing’, from the ancient Athenian architect Daedalus. A ‘daedalianism’ is therefore something that is ‘ingenious, intricate, and confusing’- the first two are what I aim to achieve in my writing, and the last one is probably what it actually is; or at least, it’s what it can feel like to me sometimes. Another personally cobbled together phrase.
- I often try to be humorous, so please, bear with me. It gets better. (Maybe)
- You can also find me on Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/user/heyymariano) and Instagram (under the handle @daedalianism) but it’s looking a little quiet on those fronts if I’m being honest.
- I usually hang out on Twitter under the handle @daedalianism, where I try to be amusing, but mostly I’m retweeting a lot of great art, so there’s that I suppose!
- More will be revealed… *dramatic music swells*
Ahem. This blog is basically my online journal to collect my thoughts and experiences, and share them.
As I said before, occasionally (if I’m feeling particularly poetic), I might post some of my personal writing projects. And if you’re lucky, you might even see life from my lens… So, meander through at your own pace. Read it or not, here it is.
Welcome, one and all, to The Trepverter Effect.